Monday, August 19, 2019

Daily Thoughts 08/19/2019

Mediaeval lecture.jpg
Medieval Lecture, 1620

Daily Thoughts 08/19/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook.


I worked on creating a list for Spanish books.

I read some of A History of Science Ancient Science Through the Golden Age of Greece.  I am reading about Thales of Miletos who is considered by many to be the first scientist.

We are starting our weeding today for the week.  I talked about what we needed to do. That each supervisor had their shelf lists and areas to check.

I spent some time weeding nonfiction in the mezzanine.  I also checked some of the books in mending.

I also worked on a construction grant with the director.

The people in my department are working on the 900s.

A copy of Bookpage and the New York Times Book Review came in for me to read.

Web Bits

LSU Locker Room Gift Spurs GoFundMe For Library
Food Pantry Opens At Independence Library
The Importance of School Libraries
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/books/story/2019-08-15/the-importance-of-school-libraries


No comments: