Thursday, August 15, 2019

Daily Thoughts 08/15/2019

Eugène Galien-Laloue Paris Bouquinistes sur le quai de Tournelle.jpg
Eugene Galien-Laloue, Laloue Paris Bouquinistes sur le quai de Tournelle, By 1941

Daily Thoughts 08/15/2019

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

I also read some of From The Tablets of Sumer 25 Firsts of Man's Recorded History by Samuel Noah Kramer.  I have been interested in the concept of the Eduba, the first schools.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

We had training on sexual harassment prevention this morning.

I checked some of the nonfiction books in the mezzanine as well as some fiction books.

I spent some time discussing grants this afternoon.

There is a Beginning Microsoft Publisher 2013 computer class in the computer lab this evening.

I read through a copy of Booklist and the Times Literary Supplement.

I placed two orders for new books.

Web Bits



How Much Money Can You Save Using the Library? Some Libraries Around the US are Letting Patrons Know

Libraries' Culture Pass Signs Up 70,000 In First Year

Public Libraries Help Fend Off Students Summer Learning Loss

No comments: