Saturday, November 9, 2019

Daily Thoughts 11/09/2019

Print from the series Streaked Mist by Ikeda Shōen 05.jpg
From the Series, Streaked Mists, Ikeda Shoen

Daily Thoughts 11/09/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of It's the Manager on the way to work.  I am reading about women in the workplace.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I looked through the latest copy of Library Journal and Booklist.

I checked out the book, Incubating Creativity at Your Library: A Sourcebook for Connecting With Communities by Erinn Batykefer.

I applied for the Library Census Equity Fund.
http://www.ala.org/advocacy/govinfo/census/grants

I gave out a bookmark for inspirational fiction.  I'll be updating the bookmark soon so it will be more current.

I have a stack of Advanced Reading Copies on my desk from Library Journal.  The most intriguing title is A Long Petal of the Sea by Isabel Allende.  It is a historical fiction novel set in the 1930s.


Web Bits

'Tis the Season to Think Critically About Holiday Programming
https://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/2016/11/01/tis-the-season-holiday-programming/



The 9 Things You Should Never Do In a Library, According to Former Employees

Why Libraries Have A Public Spirit That Most Museums Lack

No comments: