Friday, November 15, 2019

Daily Thoughts 11/15/2019

Still Life - Henri Fantin-Latour.JPGStill Life, Henri Fantin Latour, 1866

Daily Thoughts 11/15/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook.

I finished reading Incubating Creativity At Your Library A Source Book for Connecting With Communities by Erinn Batykefer and Laura Damon-Moore.  This book is packed with ideas for programming and outreach that are artistic.  It is excellent for the art oriented library.  I am giving it to a colleague to read and hoping we can implement some of the ideas in the book.

I also read some more of It's The Manager.  I am reading about common qualities in managing that make a workplace better.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  We have a new display up for Latino Films at the Mount Vernon Public Library.

Silk Flowers of Care has a display on the First Avenue side of the building.

I worked on some shifting on the main floor.

I also checked some books in the mezzanine.

Right now, I am at the public computers.

I checked the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list.

I am checking out the book, Walking One Step at a Time by Erling Kagge, Author of Silence.


Web Bits

Illiteracy Linked to Tripled Dementia Risk

The National Book Festival: Takeaways for Programming Librarians

7 Ways Libraries Are Combating the Opioid Crisis


No comments: