Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Daily Thoughts 11/26/2019

Niels-Frederik Schiottz-Jensen Reading lady.jpg
A Lady Reading in the Garden, Niels-Frederik Schiottz-Jensen, 1894

Daily Thoughts 11/26/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I am reading about stocks versus bonds in The Intelligent Investor.

I read some more of Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits.  Philip A. Fisher gives 15 points on what to look for in a company that is worth buying stock from.  These points seem to be a general guideline for what a well run company looks like.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time working on Givegab.  The online fundraiser is going to be going live soon.

I checked some books in the mezzanine.

The Crochet Group met today from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

I also gave a brief tour of the library to some students from Columbia University.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers Class and a Beginning Microsoft Word 2013 class in the computer lab tonight.

Web Bits



Rescuing the Forgotten Jewels of the Internet

West Virginia Charges Prisoners 3 Cents A Minute to Read E-books From Free Library, Despite Earning Less Than $1 An Hour

Read This: New York Public Library Selects Best Books of 2019

No comments: