Friday, December 20, 2019

Daily Thoughts 12/20/2019


Cobbe Portrait of William Shakespeare, 1610, Anonymous

Daily Thoughts 12/20/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading Behavioral Finance What Everyone Needs to Know by H. Kent Baker, Greg Filbeck, and John R. Nofsinger.  The last part of the book is about cognitive ability.  It describes how as we age our cognitive ability declines and our experience improves.  There is an idea that around age 50 we are at our peak ability to make investment choices.  I found the book to be quite interesting.  It gives people an idea of how our personal emotional and cognitive tendencies affect the ability to invest.  It also describes crowd psychology and why the stock market often acts irrationally.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I checked some books in the mezzanine.

We worked on shifting some books in the main floor collection.

I read the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list.

I spent some time working on scheduling.

I put in two orders for new books.

I checked out the books, You Suck at Cooking The Absurdly Practical Guide to Sucking Slightly Less at Making Food, How Science Works The Facts Visually Explained published by Dorling Kindersley, and How Things Are Made From Automobiles to Zippers by Andrew Terranova and Sharon Rose.

Web Bits


Is Trump Preparing to Order Public Access to Taxpayer Funded Research?

There Is An App for That Leon County Library Card





No comments: