Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Morning Thoughts, Gods Debris

I am still on jury duty which is turning out to be an odd experience. I ran out of books from the libray where I work to read. I went back to my local library and picked up a copy of Stick to Drawing Comics, Monkey Brain! by Scott Adams. So far it has been quite amusing. It consists of short one or two page diary entries from the authors life. Scott Adams writes Dilbert.

There is not a whole lot which has been happening with the blog for the moment. While I was looking through the entrecard listings, I noticed the Avon Romance Blog http://www.avonromanceblog.blogspot.com/. This is the only major book publisher on Entrecard. I have noticed that Avon is often willing to try new and innovative ideas. When I was at Book Expo America in 2007, they had just introduced a new line of Nascar romances which seemed a little different.

I will write some more when I get back.

Alright, I got back early from jury duty. It was exhausting even though it was short today. I have read a little more of the Scott Adam's book. While I was reading through it, I came across a book which Scott Adam's is giving away on the internet, God's Debris. This is a link to the free ebook. http://www.andrewsmcmeel.com/godsdebris/ I am not even sure what it is about. All I know is that it is free and people like free things.

Apparently Scott Adams says this book has been downloaded over 200,000 times for free. I am not sure what that means in terms of free publicity and advertising for his works, but it probably means a lot more people will be reading his books which are already very popular.

I am about two thirds through the book Stick To Drawing Comics Monkey Brain!, but I am tired so I will take a nap for a bit.

No comments: