Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Morning Thoughts

I picked up Nova Swing by M. John Harrison and The Citizen Powered Energy Handbook by Greg Pahl. I have started reading The Citizen Powered Energy Handbook.

Right now, I am thinking about the workshop on March 10, 2008 for google in libraries. I am also thinking about Library Legislation Day which is on March 11, 2008. I might go visit my state senator and representative to talk about libraries. There is a bus going to Albany, New York the state capital and I am considering getting on it. I think it would be a good experience for me to do this. I have a pretty good idea who I might visit. I am going to ask to go on library time.

I went back over and looked at the location of the legislation event and decided against it. Maybe, I am being elitist, but four other county library systems are part of the group. This does not seem particularly effective to me. I was hoping for a chance to speak with a representative.

There are not even a few minutes to speak to our representative one on one which I would prefer to do. The event listing says we will get to meet with our legislators as a group, attend a rally, hear lectures, and eat a breakfast. After looking at this, I am rather disappointed. A personal letter is more effective than this kind of thing. I am probably more likely to get a response that will be satisfactory this way.



Please write your representatives in support of libraries and local bookstores. Say something positive.

Anyways, this is my morning thought.

No comments: