Thursday, July 24, 2008

Afternoon Thoughts


Unknown Master Artist, Vanitas With Sun Dial

Afternoon Thoughts


This morning, I spent three hours answering peoples reference questions. It was rather interesting and busy.


Anyways, I am reading Steve Krup, Don't Make Me Think, A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability, Second Edition, New Rikers, c2006. Usability is how to make it easy to use and navigate websites. This book makes many suggestions on how to do this. It is a quick read. I am already half way through the book.


I will work on writing a review of The Automatic Detective tomorrow. Sometimes, I have to let a book sit in my head for a little bit before I start writing a review about it. I don't even seem to think about it in my conscious mind.


The room is set up for my poetry open microphone this afternoon, I have to pick out some poetry books to bring down for the audience to look at. A bit later the refreshments will be set up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post is so interesting. I was reading something about this a while ago and then forgot to look into deeper, thanks for the reminder.