Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Daily Thoughts 3/9/2010

2002 Tunisian stamp picturing a mosaic of Publius Vergilius Maro (Virgil). This mosaic is over 1700 years old. It is in a Roman villa in Tunisia.



Daily Thoughts 3/9/2010



Today, I checked the displays to make sure they were in order. I also made sure we had a sign up sheet for the poetry program. The shifting of the fiction collection is moving along nicely. Our computers are being worked on toady.


I made a few adjustments to my orders for tomorrow and read the latest issue of Booklist.


Last night, I finished reading Jack Campbell, The Lost Fleet Relentless. It was engrossing towards the end. It starts out slow then builds quickly. Right now, I am reading The Time Paradox The New Psychology of Time That Will Change Your Life by Philip Zimbardo and John Boyd. It is a book about different ways to view time and orientations towards time.

I have another book which looks quite interesting sitting in front of me, Reading in the Brain by Stanislas Dehaene. This book is about the neuroscience and invention of reading. I am hoping it gives some interesting insights.

On the train home I read some of The Time Paradox. I learned a few things, I am future oriented with a focus on transcendence after death. I don't view past experience in a positive light and I am not fatalistic or deterministic in my outlook. I believe in choice and free will. This is pretty much true. The name of the inventory was called the ZTPI ( Zimbardo Time Perspective Inventory). I find psychological inventories entertaining and sometimes useful.



No comments: