Friday, March 19, 2010

Daily Thoughts 3/19/2010

William Thomas Beckford (1 October 1760 – 2 May 1844), usually known as William Beckford, was an English novelist, art critic, travel writer and politician. He was Member of Parliament for Wells from 1784 to 1790, for Hindon from 1790 to 1795 and again from 1806 to 1820. William Thomas Beckford is the author of the Gothic novel Vathek and brainchild of the remarkable Fonthill Abbey.


Daily Thoughts 3/19/2010


I was looking at the February 15, 2010 issue of Kirkus Reviews. It has in big letters on the cover, Kirkus Lives. Today has been a quiet day. I spent some time cleaning off my desk and looking at order catalogs for different publishers. I especially like Dalkie Archive Press, it has a nice mix of literature, poetry, and criticism. They print a lot of very high quality literature. I also distributed some lists which I requested from Unique Books to colleagues to see if there was any interest in the distributor.

I spent some time looking through mystery reviews with a colleague. It was interesting. Right now, I am looking at the Booklist March 15, 2010 issue with a spotlight on graphic novels.

No comments: