Monday, July 12, 2010

Daily Thoughts 7/12/2010

Grandville : Cent Proverbes, 1845, H. Fournier Éditeur, Paris, J.J. Granville (Jean-Ignace-Isidore Gérard)


Daily Thoughts 7/12/2010

My favorite bookstore when I was a teenager was Green Apple Books. I used to go upstairs to the science fiction section and read the Frank Frazetta art books as well as Lone Sloan and other books. http://www.greenapplebooks.com/


I am looking at two books, Cast Member Confidential A Disneyfied Memoir by Chris Mitchell which is supposed to be an expose on Disney , and China Mieville Kraken which is an urban fantasy. There were also two more books waiting for me Digital Video for Beginners by Colin Barnett and From Hell With Love by Simon R. Green which is a fantasy book.

During the last few days, I have been speaking to more people about the library. It is not an easy thing to do. I can't really go into all the details. I think we might get a reprieve.

I tried reading Cast Member Confidential, but did not find it to my liking. It just did not quite ring true to me. It has a too real feeling to it. It follows too rationally in some ways. I was hoping for something truly salacious.

I am getting some very positive statements about my new blog on Wordpress. People are saying it is useful. I might work on it a little more later.

No comments: