Friday, March 25, 2011

Daily Thoughts 3/25/2011 (The Wise Man's Fear)

Lesende im Scherenstuhl. Um 1900. Aquarell und Kohlezeichnung. 69 x 57,5 cm, by Max Hendricke.

Daily Thoughts 3/25/2011

Today, I started reading Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear.  I rather like that the main character studies both alchemy and music at the university where he is learning magic.

This morning, I checked the displays, updated the Twitter account, and did some more tabulating for the survey.  We have 147 surveys that were brought in directly by the library and 44 that were sent in via the website so far.

We are working on putting together an annotated Flickr! gallery of historical photographs of our library.  I already printed up a few color pictures to put in one of the display cases.

Today has been slow and steady.  I took some time to clean my desk and update my phone book.  I also checked out the book, Getting More How To Negotiate to Achieve Your Goals In The Real World by Stuart Diamond.

The March 17, 2011 New York Times Book Review has a review of The Information by James Gleick.  I liked reading the book.  It was information as the underpinning of how the universe works from the positive and negative spin of electrons, the code in dna, to the zeros and ones in computers.

Hopefully, I will get a chance to go to a Meetup to tour The Swann Galleries in Manhattan with the New York Library Club and the New York Librarians Meetup on April 5, 2011.  It would be a nice break and a chance to see something interesting.

No comments: