Sunday, August 11, 2013

Daily Thoughts 08/11/2013


Daily Thoughts 08/11/2013

This morning I finished reading Babayaga by Toby Barlow.  I rather liked how the murderous witches were described with the murderous crone and the seductively dangerous beauty. There was plenty to be intrigued with in the story.  The story reminds us that love is the oldest and most mysterious magic, often inexplicable and mysterious.  The ending is very satisfying.  My favorite character is Vidot the inspector who is turned into a flea, then finds himself a man again.  This part of the story was quite humorous. It was an enjoyable read.

I also started reading Taking Your Android Tablet to the Max by Russell Holly.  I have a Google Nexus 7 at home and I wanted to learn a little more about tablets.  I spent some time reading the book in the laundromat.  The Android operating system is being developed by Google and integrates with all of Googles applications. Android, Inc. was a startup acquired by Google.

I am thinking about this because I am going to have more responsibilities focused around electronic resources at the library.

No comments: