Friday, August 16, 2013

Daily Thoughts 08/16/2013

Portrait of Poet, Boris Pasternak, Jury Annenkov, 1921

Daily Thoughts 08/16/2013

I read some more of The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum. Robert Ludlum is very good at describing complex escape and chase scenes. He also does a good job of describing following people around. The other thing he does is well is create elaborately plotted plans for kidnappings, assassinations, thievery and other types of rather dirty espionage. It makes for interesting stories.  I watched the Bourne Legacy, but it was with a new main character, not Jason Bourne, it was not as good as the films with Matt Damon.  Robert Ludlum has passed away and Eric Van Lustbader has written Jason Bourne novels since 2003.

This morning, I checked the Facebook and Twitter for the library. I also checked the displays and the gift books.  I spent more time weeding as well.  I have a few staff suggestions for books to purchase as well for next week.  I plan on reading Rumsfeld's Rules Leadership Lessons in Business, Politics, War, and Life by Donald Rumsfeld.  I have a very different outlook than Mr. Rumsfeld who I probably don't agree with much so it should be interesting reading.

 Web Bits

The Age of Big Data A BBC Documentary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzlwhP5JejA#%21




No comments: