Thursday, March 6, 2014

Daily Thoughts 03/06/2014

Bashkirtseff, Marie At A Book, 1882

Daily Thoughts 03/06/2014

On the way to work, I read a little more of Learning to Breath by Priscilla Warner.  The author is changing the subject a bit and moving beyond just breathing meditation to the concept of compassion in meditation.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also spent a little time going over Mailchimp with a colleague which allows us to send out an email letter.

I also checked the displays today.  We are working a bit on the Women's History display.  I put in an order for books on autism.  A colleague is planning on doing a display on autism in April and part of this is having some material ready and processed by April.

I did a little bit of weeding in the oversize books.  I also put together the monthly report which is a single page to a page and a half of what my department had done in the previous month.  I am gathering the monthly statistics right now as well.  I have a bit more this time with some statistics from the cybercorner and the computer lab.

Web Bits


Oldest Public Library in the Americas?
http://libraryhistorybuff.blogspot.com/2014/02/oldest-public-library-in-americas.html

No comments: