Saturday, March 29, 2014

Daily Thoughts 03/29/2014


Daily Thoughts 03/29/2014

This morning, I checked the displays and put some more poetry books in the displays.  I also checked the dvd player for the film program which I had in the afternoon.  It was quite interesting watching the documentary, Slavery by Another Name which was about peonage of African Americans, forced prison labor , and debt bondage immediately after the United States civil war.

I spent some time talking about computers.  I also discussed Bookletters with a colleague.

I read some more of  The Second Machine Age. Erik Brynjolfson and Andrew McAfee are describing how a team of a human and a computer nearly always beat a computer alone or a humans alone in a chess competition.  The idea is that people are good at innovation and ideation and machines are not good at creating new things or ideas.

No comments: