Monday, October 6, 2014

Daily Thoughts 10/06/2014


Daily Thoughts 10/06/2014

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.  I also checked the displays and the gift books. I also did a little work with flyers and programming.

A patron showed me her copy of Behind the Scenes, or Thirty Years a Slave, and Four Years in the White House by Elizabeth Keckley which is the book, Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker is based on.  I ordered a copy of it for our library.  We are reading Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker for the Brown Bag Book Club on October 28 between 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.

I read some more of Real Happiness at Work.  I am reading about resilience which covers subjects like how not to burn out, patience, and self care.

I checked the circulating books in the Job Information Center and did a bit of shifting to make things a little better organized.

I have a copy of Booklist and a copy of the New York Times Book Review to read.  I am looking forward to reading Terry Pratchett's new book, A Slip of the Keyboard which is nonfiction essays.  For some reason, fantasy and science fiction writers often are very whimsical essayists.

A novel which looks interesting is Black Hat Jack by Joe Lansdale.  It features Nat Love as one of the characters.

Web Bits

Library 2.0 online conference is on October 8 and October 9, 2014
http://www.library20.com/

No comments: