Monday, October 20, 2014

Daily Thoughts 10/20/2014


Daily Thoughts 10/20/2014

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of  The Accidental Library Marketer.  I am reading about marketing plans and how they should be aligned with strategic plans.

We are having Disability Awareness Training at the library from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. provided by Westchester Independent Living.

I checked the displays and did some shifting in the 900s.

I also spent some time talking to the Friends of the Mount Vernon Public Library about marketing.  They have a table in the lobby.  It is National Friends of the Library Week this week.

On the way home, I finished reading The Accidental Library Marketer.  There was some interesting material on forming partnerships.

Web Bits

National Friends of the Library Week October 19-25
http://www.ala.org/united/events_conferences/folweek


My Hero: Mary Shelley by Neil Gaiman
http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/oct/18/my-hero-mary-shelley-neil-gaiman

No comments: