Thursday, December 4, 2014

Daily Thoughts 12/04/2014

Men Reading, Francisco Goya, circa 1819-1823

Daily Thoughts 12/04/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I started reading Bad Paper Chasing Wall Street to the Underworld by Jake Halpern.  This book is an account of how banks sell loans that they have failed to collect for a variety of debts from credit cards to home loans for pennies on the dollar.  The people often collecting these loans use tactics that are questionably legal.  It is a shadowy world where bankers meet the street.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.  I also did a little more work with programs.  I have a copy of Library Journal and Booklist to read.

I registered for Book Expo America on May 27 through 29, 2015.  They sent me a free VIP Badge.  I always enjoy the show.  I also registered for the Metro New York Libraries Conference on January 15, 2014.

I placed the book, Best American Comics 2014 on hold.  Scott McCloud is the editor this year.  I trust his judgement.

I am working on the final chapbook for the Mount Vernon Public Library Poetry Workshop.

There is a Beginning Internet Class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Computer Lab tonight.

The library had its tree lighting ceremony for the holidays today.  The Mount Vernon Interfaith Community Choir was here tonight at 6:00 p.m. along with an elementary school band, the Ice Cold Band.  They had cookies, punch, and eggnog in the Trustees room.  It was nice.

The book Leading the Life You Want Skills for Integrating Work and Life by Stewart D. Friedman came in for me to read.  It is published by Harvard Business Review Press.

Web Bits



Library or Homeless Shelter?  Proposal to Open Library 24-7 Stirs Debate

No comments: