Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Daily Thoughts 12/30/2014

Papyrus or Paper Reed Growing in the Ciane, Sicily, Marianne North, 1870

Daily Thoughts 12/30/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook page this morning.  I also read a copy of the New York Times Bestseller list and worked a bit on next years orders for books.


I checked the displays and the gift books.  We spent some time discussing programming for next year.

I read the February copy of the Ingram Advance.  I also read through the latest Publishers Weekly.  I put a few more titles in for next weeks order.  Neil Gaiman is coming out with short story collection called Trigger Warning in February.  Peter Diamandis has a new book called Bold How to Go Big which is a business title.  I read his previous book, Abundance, and liked it.

I placed a hold on the book, Waking Dreaming Being by Evan Thompson after reading this article. In Search of  a Science of Consciousness.  http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2014/12/30/373952810/in-search-of-a-science-of-consciousness?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2056


Web Bits

An African Reading List
http://bookriot.com/2014/12/30/african-reading-list-2/

No comments: