Thursday, January 14, 2016

Daily Thoughts 01/14/2016

Afternoon in September oil 1913 Frank Weston Benson.jpg
Afternoon In September, (Oil), 1913, Frank Weston Benson

Daily Thoughts 01/14/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read a copy of the New York Times on the way to work.  No books for me today.

I am reading a book suggested by a colleague, When Books Went To War The Stories That Helped Us Win World War II by Molly Guptill Manning.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  A colleague is doing a display of movies starring dogs.

I talked with my colleagues about the Sparks! Ignition Grant.  I have what I want to do fairly well outlined.

I gave an administrative editor role to one of the people who works on the public computers for Facebook.

There is a Beginning Microsoft Powerpoint class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. tonight in the computer lab.

I worked a little bit on a flyer for a discussion of Native Son by Richard Wright and updated a few announcements in the Mount Vernon Daily Voice.


Web Bits

How Young Librarians Are Figuring Out the Fields Future
http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/homepage-feature/item/89910-how-young-librarians-are-figuring-out-the-future?l=dt


You Are Not What You Read: Librarians Purge User Data to Protect Privacy

New Rochelle Library Looks to Build Bookstore
 

Elon Musk


Tesla Car Can Be Summoned and Park Itself
 

No comments: