Thursday, April 21, 2016

Daily Thoughts 04/21/2016

Simplon Pass. Reading - John Singer Sargent
Simplon Pass, Reading, John Singer Sargent, 1911

Daily Thoughts 04/21/2016

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

On the way to work, I read some of The Presidents and UFOs.  The introducation included a little bit of UFO lore about Majestic 12 and Project Blue Book.

We had the Brown Bag Book Club today from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m..  We discussed the book, She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb.

I checked the gift books and the displays.

I placed an order for new books.

We are working on the monthly schedule for computer classes today.

There is a Beginning Microsoft Powerpoint 2016 class tonight in the computer lab from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

The Adult Board Games Night is tonight in the Fiction Room from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
I had a chance to play chess and dominos with a few patrons.

I read some more of The Presidents and UFOs.  I learned something new.  There tend to be more UFO sightings near nuclear power plants and during missile tests, especially ICBM tests.


Web Bits

Beyond Books: 8 Things You May Not Know About Libraries
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/04/21/library-101-things-you-didnt-know/83242000/


8 Reasons People Buy Books

Hayden Glides Through Senate Confirmation Hearing to Lead Library of Congress

No comments: