Saturday, April 30, 2016

Daily Thoughts 04/30/2016

Index
Cigarette Trading Card of Sherlock Holmes

Daily Thoughts 04/30/2016

I am back from vacation today.  My colleague is doing a final check over the contents for the Preservation Assessment Grant.  Hopefully, I will send it in tomorrow.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.  I also returned some of the books and movies which I checked out over the vacation.

I rested on the way to work on the train.

I went through a stack of mail this morning when I got in.  I also have quite a few things to read; Booklist, 2 Copies of the New York Times Book Review, the New York Review of Books, the May Baker and Taylor Forecast, and 2 Copies of the Times Literary Supplement.

There is a screening of the movie Planetary between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. today. at the Mount Vernon Public Library in the Grace Greene Baker Community Room.

I spent some time ordering bestsellers from the New York Times Bestseller List and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller List.

The screening of Planetary went very well.  It is available for 24 hour rental for 99 cents  through Vimeo. https://vimeo.com/ondemand/planetary

On the way home, I read a bit of a Star Trek novel to relax, Star Trek Deep Space Nine Ascendance by R. George III

Web Bits


Toronto’s New Library of Things Opens, Lets You Borrow All the Things

Diversity Celebrated at 2016 Edgar Awards

The New York Times Crafts An Obituary for William Shakespeare

 

No comments: