Monday, May 16, 2016

Daily Thoughts 05/16/2016

Index
Art and Picture Collection, The New York Public Library., Edmund Dulac, She has read all the newspapers in the world, and forgotten them again, so clever is she. Retrieved from http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/6b27a1d9-1d64-b8da-e040-e00a18062c91

Daily Thoughts 05/16/2016

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I read some more of The Third Wave.  Before America Online, Steve Case had started an internet service provider called Quantumlink.

I checked out the book, This Census-Taker by China Mieville.  I read  a copy of the New York Times Book Review in the morning.

I spent some time in the computer lab.

A shipment for Better World Books was sent out today of books left from the booksale.

I read This Census Taker by China Mieville on the way home.  It is a very dark fantasy about a little boy living in a run down place whose father has made his mother disappear.  The story is convoluted and fearsome.  The language is beautiful and different.  It was a bit unsettling reading the story.

Web Bits


Library of My Heart: Buliding Community Through Diversity


No comments: