Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Daily Thoughts 05/24/2016

Index

Irma and Paul Milstein Division of United States History, Local History and Genealogy, The New York Public Library. (1862 - 1963). The Public Library of Santa Barbara, with its open-air reading room Retrieved from http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/5124b198-ff66-73e3-e040-e00a180652b2

Daily Thoughts 05/24/2016

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

I took a break from library things yesterday.

I rested on the train to work.

There were two books waiting for me, War Factory by Neal Asher and Children of Earth and Sky by Guy Gavriel Kay.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

The book, The Maker's Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse Defend Your Base With Simple Circuits, Arduino, and Raspberry Pi by Simon Monk came in for me to read.  It is very tongue in cheek.

I read a copy of the latest New York Times Book Review and the New York Review of Books.  I worked a bit on an order of books for next week.

I spent some time going over scheduling issues.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers Class and a Beginning Microsoft Word class tonight.

I read some more of Living In Two Worlds by Dylan Emmons.  I learned that Asperger's syndrome is named after Hans Asperger.  I also read some more The Anatomy of Inequality on the way home.  The more people are settled in one place, the greater the inequality.  Hunter gatherers have more equality while city dwellers with greater specialization have a higher degree of inequality.  Inequality is not wealth it is also access to the law, shelter, healthcare, and other human needs.


No comments: