Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Daily Thoughts 02/14/2017



James Baldwin, Marlon Brando Civil Rights March 1963, Public Domain, U.S. Information Agency. Press and Publications Service.

Daily Thoughts 02/14/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook today.

I rested on the way to work.   I checked the displays and the gift books.  I also spent some time working on orders for new books.

I worked a bit on preparation for programs.  I am looking forward to the James Baldwin's America program.

The crochet group met today from 2;30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the fiction room.

I read through a copy of the New York Times Book Review and a copy of Publishers Weekly.

I am in the computer lab right now.  There is going to be a Fundamentals of Computers Class and a Beginning Microsoft Word 2013 class tonight.

I checked out the graphic novel Habitat by Simon Roy.  Also the move Desk Set came in for me to watch as well as the novel, Moonglow by Michael Chabon.

I have some programming to work on tomorrow.

I read some more of Reality Is Not What It Seems  The Journey to Quantum Gravity. Carlo Rovelli is an advocate for "quantum loop gravity".  The imagery can be striking in this book.  When I read the section on waves, particles, and granularity in quantum mechanics it made me think of the idea of "amber waves of grain."

Web Bits


Officials Rename Harlem Library After Civil Rights Icon Harry Belafonte


No comments: