Monday, July 10, 2017

Daily Thoughts 07/10/2017


Books and Bookcase, Keisai Eisen, Japanese, 1790-1848

Daily Thoughts 07/10/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Homo Deus on the way to work.  I am reading about the anthropocene or human epic.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I printed some more flyers.  I worked on an order of new books today.  We had our first Teen Coding Class today from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. focused on HTML 5 and CSS 3.

The book, Simple House Wisdom 425 Easy Ways to Clean & Organize Your Home by Good Housekeeping came in for me to read.  I also am planning on reading Work Clean The Life-Changing Power of Mise-En-Place To Organize Your Life, Work, and Mind What Great Chefs Can Teach Us About Organization by Dan Charnas.

On the way home I looked through Simple House Wisdom.  It is a bunch of tips with photographs.  There were a few things which were worth doing like getting a mat for both inside and outside the house as well as keeping two trays for incoming mail. 

I also read some of The Wealth of Humans Work, Power, and Status in the Twenty First Century by Ryan Avent.  The author describes how the full impact of the digital revolution has not happened. He also confirms the idea that 47% of future jobs will be replaced by automation.  Unlike other authors he does not propose a solution.  Instead he describes how there will be political upheaval on both the right and left with people fighting for ideas.

My third assignment for the Planning and Management of Library Buildings is to check ADA (American with Disabilities Act) guidelines and lighting guidelines.

Web Bits


Lifelong Literacies: Strategic Planning

Bibliophiles Slowly Poisoned by Personal Library



No comments: