Thursday, March 26, 2009

Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time (Paperback)

Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time (Paperback)by Brian Tracy (Author)





The video of this book very much reflects the feeling of reading this book. The book is compilation of 21 self help techniques to improve your productivity in your career. These techniques seem to be drawn from a variety of different sources.



The key thought in the book, "Eating the Frog" is about ending procrastination and figuring out what are the most important things to do in your job to be productive. Face the most important thing you have to do in the morning and start working on it. This book is not just about working yourself to death. It is about figuring out what to delegate, what to stop doing, and how to make your tasks more manageable by breaking them down into manageable pieces.



The ideas seemed to me to have a lot of common sense. Get enough sleep, eat right, exercise, don't let technology take over your life, write your goals down and then start working on them immediately.



I thought the book seemed a bit busy at times, work constantly and never stop. This is my main contention with the book. Sometimes, it seems to forget the mental process of preparing for things and jump right in.



At the same time, the book helped me a bit on focusing on some of my career goals better. One of the exercises was to write down ten of your most important goals. I now have some idea of how I might better delegate some tasks and identify what the most important things I should be doing are. It also reminded me to clear my desk and focus on one thing at a time.



This is one of the better motivational books that I have read. It is a good book to read if you are having problems with procrastination or prioritizing what you need to do.



3 comments:

Forgetful Librarian said...

Thanks for the review. I am going to see if our library carries it. I don't procrastinate much at work...it is on the home front that I lag behind.

Book Calendar said...

Hopefully, I will be able to put some of the ideas to use.

Ryan said...

Thanks for sharing this review. When I am making firm and definite decisions I rarely procrastinate.

Ryan