Thursday, July 1, 2010

Daily Thoughts 7/1/2010

Leo Tolstoy and his private secretary Valentin Bulgakov, 1910


Daily Thoughts 7/1/2010

Today we spent some time with our SIRSI library catalog learning how to do the on order status. It allows us to use EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) to place orders from our different vendors. This will allow us to place orders from BWI, Midwest Tape, and Baker and Taylor through a single system. It will also help us with duplication issues and budgeting.

We also spent some time talking about the summer reading program for adults. Things are moving along very steadily.

My concentration is not as good as usual. Our library is facing budget shortfalls and it may affect me directly. There could be layoffs and other issues. I will know tomorrow. We already circulated a petition for signatures to keep the library open.

I logged into the Readers Advisory 101 course today for the first time. My focus is a little better today.

No comments: