Monday, July 19, 2010

Daily Thoughts 7/19/2010

Ernest Hemingway wrote portions of his novel, A Farewell to Arms, at this home in Piggott, Arkansas, now a visitor center of the Crowley's Ridge Parkway.
Photo credit: Dennis Adams, National Scenic Byways Online


Daily Thoughts 7/19/2010

Today was another busy day. I met with BWI today to discuss our ordering. It was quite interesting. We did a tour of the building where I showed them the different sections of the library: the Job Information Center, foreign language collection, law collection, dvds, cds, video games, playaways, fiction, nonfiction, scores, reference, digital media catalog, large print, and other material.


I also spent some time writing a bimonthly report which was paperwork. Paperwork is part of every day life. Tomorrow I will be going over ordering mysteries with a colleague. We always include the marketing material we did with the report; flyers, bookmarks, signup sheets, and other material.


I finished reading Jack Campbell, The Lost Fleet Victorious. The book is more than just battles, there is diplomacy and intrigue as well. I found that each book in the series that I read could stand by itself.


Public Libraries Magazine has been running a column about fundraising called Bringing in The Money since 2005. I think I may be looking through the columns to see what they have to say.



No comments: