Friday, August 2, 2013

Daily Thoughts 08/02/2013

Felix Feneon at the Revue Blanche, Felix Vallotton, 1896

Daily Thoughts 08/02/2013

This morning, I read some of I Wear the Black Hat.  The book opens with the question "Why do villains want to tie women to train tracks?" which is a bit silly, but entertaining.

I checked the displays, the gift books and the social media for the library.  I spent some time doing weeding in the nonfiction.  The fiction room is slowly being reshelved.  It is almost done.  It will be a nice space when everything is put back.  I am also going to be bringing up some of the books from mezzanine or storage area to the main floor soon.

There has been a lot of work on improving things around the building lately.  I moved back downstairs to the tech room office recently.  I got dividers for my work area and a table to put things on in back of me.  People are creating a new layout for the tech room.

I checked out the graphic novel, Gabba Gabba Hey The Graphic Story of the Ramones by Jim McCarthy and Brian Williamson.  It is a black and white graphic nonfiction story, with an almost photographic quality to it.  I am also on planning watching the new film version of Les Miserables with Russell Crowe and Anne Hathaway.  It won 3 Golden Globe Awards.

Web Bits

The Decline and Fall of the Book Cover
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/books/2013/07/the-decline-and-fall-of-the-book-cover.html

No comments: