Monday, August 19, 2013

Daily Thoughts 08/19/2013

The Effect Is Spoiled 1915-1916, John French Sloan

Daily Thoughts 08/19/2013

This morning, I read some more of Rumsfeld's Rules. Something surprised me while reading it. There is no index to the book. There is also no section of glossy pages with photographs. Still, it is an interesting book. He is describing what strategy is. He does a better job of this than almost every other author I have read. His description is inclusive of tactics, planning, and objectives.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library. I also checked the displays. We are having the End of Summer Literary Tea Party for Adult Summer Reading on Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 6:30 p.m. in the community room. I am looking forward to it.

I spent some time putting in some orders.  We have had quite a few patron requests for romance novels by authors like Lisa Kleypass, Beatrice Small, and Susan Elizabeth Phillips.  I also often buy romance paperbacks that are on the Publishers Weekly Bestseller Lists by authors like Debbie Macomber or Nora Roberts.

I spent a little bit of time weeding today.  I also spent some time looking through resumes.  We are hiring a part-time computer lab assistant for 17.5 hours at $16.14 an hour.

Web Bits
The Writing Tools of 20 Famous Authors
http://flavorwire.com/410384/the-writing-tools-of-20-famous-authors/10

The Library in Lego Form
http://mrlibrarydude.wordpress.com/2013/08/19/the-library-in-lego-form-aka-the-absolute-last-post-i-will-write-about-lego-librarians/



No comments: