Monday, August 26, 2013

Daily Thoughts 08/26/2013

Bouquet of Violets, Edouard Manet, 1872

Daily Thoughts 08/26/2013

This morning, I rested on the train to work.  I am off tomorrow for the rest of the week.  I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also checked the displays.  I did some ordering and read the latest copy of the New York Times Book Review.

I also interviewed someone for the computer lab assistant position as well.  A small box of Advanced Reading copies came in from Library Journal with four books, Red Rising by Pierce Brown, Notable by Maria Bates which is a teen book, Cries of the Lost by Chris Knopf, and Dept. of Speculation by Jenny Offill.  I think I am going to read Dept. of Speculation.

I was quite busy today.  I did a little bit more weeding.  We finished our Summer Reading programs and are going to be starting in on our fall programming soon.

Web Bits

School Librarians Belong in NYC Schools
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christian-zabriskie/school-librarians-belong-_b_3813519.html

A Library Card May Get You More Than You Think-- MSNBC Video
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-news/52837280#52837280

No comments: