Sunday, August 18, 2013

Daily Thoughts 08/18/2013


Daily Thoughts 08/18/2013

I finished reading The Bourne Supremacy this morning.  I found it hard to read.  There was a little bit too much paranoia and conspiratorial thinking for my taste.  Robert Ludlum wrote a number of  New York Times Bestselling books.  I watched the Bourne Supremacy and the Bourne Ultimatum this weekend.  In both cases, I found the movie far better than the book.  They were much more focused.  Matt Damon did an excellent acting job.

I also started reading Rumsfeld's Rules Leadership Lessons In Business, Politics, War, and Life by Donald Rumsfeld.  It is interesting.  He is quite to the point.  I rather liked the picture of the desk which he stands at.  So far there is a focus on punctuality, being focused and listening at meetings, and diplomacy in life and work. 

The people in the book are not people who I agree with like Dick Cheney and Richard Nixon.  It includes some suggestions on how not to get caught up in corruption, lobbying, or shady dealing.

No comments: