Monday, August 12, 2013

Daily Thoughts 08/12/2013

Woman Writing, Edouard Manet, 1863

Daily Thoughts 08/12/2013

On the way to work, I read a little more of Taking Your Android Tablets to the Max.  I am reading about different media you can use on the tablet; ebooks, video, and music.  Also, the book, Cat In An Alien X-Ray by Carole Nelson Douglas came in for me to read.

I checked the displays and the social media for the library this morning.  I also spent a little bit of time on scheduling computer classes for September and October.  I am looking at a product called Atomic Learning which is from Recorded Books.

I also spent a little time ordering books.  The large print books are being brought up from the mezzanine to the main floor as a first step in bringing up some of the books from the mezzanine.

It is a day where there are a lot of tasks going on.  I spent a little bit of time weeding as well.

I watched The Bourne Identity last night.  It made me want to read the books by Robert Ludlum.  I am going to start with the first one.

Web Bits

Novelist Video Game Looks at the Writing Life
http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/the-novelist-video-game-coming-soon_b75898

To Stay Afloat Bookstores Turn to Web Donors
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/12/business/bookstores-turn-to-web-donors-to-stall-the-end.html?smid=li-share&goback=.gmp_1628597.gde_1628597_member_265179283&_r=0#! 

Gauging the Print, Ebook Divide
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/digital/retailing/article/58668-gauging-the-digital-divide.html

No comments: