Monday, September 9, 2013

Daily Thoughts 09/09/2013

Reading, Pablo Picasso, 1921
Daily Thoughts 09/09/2013

This weekend I read Steal Like an Artist 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative by Austin Kleon.  It is a book designed to inspire people to be creative and do art.  The book is funny, has lots of quotes and is aimed at helping people stay focused on their art.  I also read Volume 1 of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo graphic novel based on Stieg Larsson's msytery novel.  The content is very dark and meant for adults. The illustration and coloring work are excellent.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also spent a little bit of time ordering as well as checked the displays.  I also spent a little bit of time in the computer lab with our new hire.

 In addition, I started weeding a section of the oversize books.

 We should be getting in people to replace one of our oversize stacks soon, so before we move the books, I am weeding them.
Web Bits

Oyster Launches Netflix for Books
 http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenbertoni/2013/09/05/oyster-launches-netflix-for-books/#!

 Sunday Dialog: Tumult In the Book World
 http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/18/opinion/sunday/sunday-dialogue-tumult-in-the-book-world.html?smid=li-share#!





No comments: