Thursday, September 26, 2013

Daily Thoughts 09/26/2013

Reading In The Garden, 1910, Ipolit Strambu

Daily Thoughts 09/26/2013

I finished reading Professor Borges A Course In English Literature last night. I very much enjoyed it. Borges reminds us that we should not read anything we do not enjoy. The lectures show how fascinated, intrigued, and deeply devoted he was to literature. It was a very enjoyable experience reading this course outline.

I started reading The Goal by Eliyahu M. Goldratt and Jeff Cox. This is a novel about a manufacturing executive obsessed with saving his company. The book reminds us that the goal of business is to make money, not necessarily to be effective or productive in doing the wrong things if it does not support the bottom line. The book was listed as one of Jeff Bezos's favorite business books.

This morning, I spent some time checking the displays and the gift books. I also read a copy of the latest Baker and Taylor Forecast and the New York Times Book Review. I put a book, Art Made from Books: Altered, Sculpted, Carved, Transformed by Laura Heyenga on hold.

This afternoon, the computer lab was open from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., there is also a computer class for Microsoft Excel tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. I spent a little time checking on flyers and announcements for future programs this afternoon.

I also spent a bit of time talking with a colleague about the Overdrive Advantage program.

No comments: