Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Daily Thoughts 09/25/2013

Interior, Woman Reading, Gustave Caillebotte, 1880

Daily Thoughts 09/25/2013

I took an extra day off and had a long weekend which was relaxing.

This morning, on the way to work, I read some more of Professor Borges. I am enjoying reading about Robert Browning and Dante Gabriel Rossetti. During the 19th century the english appreciated poets more than they do now.

I checked the Facebook and Twitter for the library. I also checked the displays and gift books.

I spent some time this morning doing ordering. There were some missing items to replace, a nice set of books from the collection management sheet where we write down patron requests, and quite a few books from the purchase alert for items with multiple holds. I also spent some time going through the website Earlyword, looked at the New York Times Bestsellers and the Publishers Weekly Bestsellers. I still have quite a few magazines to read.

The new person who has been hired for the computer lab is doing well. He has been consistent. There should be a new person working at the cybercorner soon.

I spent some more time weeding in the afternoon in the oversize books. I still have quite a bit more to do.

Web Bits

Censorship and Invisibility: A Boomer Perspective by Barbara Jones

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barbara-jones/censorship-and-invisibili_b_3974877.html

Jeff Bezos Favorite Business Books

http://www.businessinsider.com/jeff-bezos-favorite-business-books-2013-9

No comments: