Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Daily Thoughts 01/22/2014

Salvator Rosa, Diogenes Searching for an Honest Man, 17th Century

Daily Thoughts 01/22/2014

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.  I also checked the displays and gift books.  It has been snowing a lot lately so people have been out.  I have been spending extra time on the reference desk, not something I spend a lot of time writing about.

I have a copy of the New York Times Book Review to read today.  I am also covering the computer lab from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. today because the person who is here normally is out.  I helped someone apply for a number of different jobs.

I tried to run the book club today, but not as many people are coming in because of the weather.  I ended up talking to a variety of patrons about the library and recommending a few of them come to a photo shoot on January 30 and January 31 to represent the library.

I read the latest copy of the New York Times Book Review and placed What W.H. Auden Can Do For You by Alexander McCall Smith on hold.

Web  Bits


Overall Book Readership Stable But e-books Becoming More Popular

 

Public Libraries Seek to Rebrand

 

No comments: