Friday, January 24, 2014

Daily Thoughts 01/24/2014

Seated Woman (Olga), Pablo Picasso, 1920
Daily Thoughts 01/24/2014

Last night, I did not get home until very late because of the cold.  The signals for the trains failed for two hours.  This gave me a lot of time to read Strategy A History which is a big book.  Some key points that came across were in warfare strategy is often about deceiving the enemy, in politics it is about never stopping campaigning for position, and in business it is about control and profitability.

This morning, I checked the gift books and the displays.  I also checked the social media for the library.  I read the latest copy of Forecast from Baker and Taylor.  The book No Place to Hide: Edward Snowden, The NSA and the U.S. Surveillance State by Glenn Greenwald looks interesting.  It is coming out in April with an initial print run of 150,000 copies.  The book Teach Yourself Visually Raspberry Pi by Richard Wentk also looks like something which our patrons will be interested in.  I like the Teach Yourself Visually series.

I spent a little time looking through the holiday books.  I also printed some more flyers for programs.

Right now, I am drinking some tea.

I did a little weeding today in the oversize books.  I also spent a little time sorting through my desk.

Web Bits


10 facts about Americans and Public Libraries
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/01/24/10-facts-about-americans-and-public-libraries/

No comments: