Friday, January 9, 2015

Daily Thoughts 01/09/2015


Daily Thoughts 01/09/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.

We had a management meeting this morning.  We discussed different aspects of ordering and weeding material.  This included the law collection, medical books, and the Job Information center.  There was a budget presented for ordering for this year.

On the way to work, I read some more of Leading the Life You Want.  One of the points being made that the best way to learn to lead or manage is to lead and manage.

I spent some time printing and putting together chapbooks today.  I am about halfway done.  I will finish up with the first batch tomorrow.

I read some more of Leading the Life You Want on the way home.  The book is presenting some exercises on how to think about integrating your life so there is less conflict between different parts of a persons life.

Web Bits

Kareem Abdul Jabaar to Publish Sherlock Holmes Novel
http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/kareem-abdul-jabaar-to-publish-sherlock-holmes-novel_b96273

Shelf Life: The Balancing Act Between Physical and Digital Books
http://publiclibrariesonline.org/2015/01/shelf-life-the-balancing-act-between-physical-and-digital-books/



No comments: