Saturday, January 24, 2015

Daily Thoughts 01/24/2015


Daily Thoughts 01/24/2015

I have been enjoying reading The Whispering Swarm which is part mysticism, part fantasy and part memoir.  I learned that Michael Moorcock became an editor at the age of 16.  He also mentions one of my favorite authors, Barry Bayley-- Barrington J. Bayley http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrington_J._Bayley



I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning. I also checked the displays.  The book, The World of Raymond Chandler In His Own Words Edited by Barry Day came in for me to read. There are lots of black and white pictures and photographs in the book.

I have been working a little bit more with the graphic novel grant.



I am looking at You Are Here Around the World in 92 Minutes Photographs from the International Space Station by Chris Hadfield.


We got a decent size donation of urban fiction which we can add to the library. 


I also spent some more time working on the Will Eisner graphic novels grant.  I learned a little bit about rates for classes by comic professionals.



Web Bits


Windows 10 Will Be A Free Upgrade for People Running Windows 8 and 7

Ode to the Public Library


No comments: