Friday, January 16, 2015

Daily Thoughts 01/16/2015

By the River, John Singer Sargent, 1885

Daily Thoughts 01/16/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook in the morning.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.  I am printing some more poetry chapbooks.

We had a management meeting today.  We discussed different aspects of collection development and weeding books.  In additon, we went over some security and theft issues.

I got a quote for Safari Books Online for two different sets of e-books, beginning computer programming, and computer technology books.

I had a few flyers printed and looked at programming.

I also spent a little time looking over the older and damaged romance paperbacks.

Monday is Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday.

On the way home, I started reading Passionate Nutrition by Jennifer Adler, MS, CN.  It is a book focused on food as medicine.  There is quite a bit on whole foods so far.

Web Bits


Library Advocacy Unsushed:  Values, Evidence, Action


No comments: