Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Daily Thoughts 01/13/2015

Nikola Tesla, with Rudjer Boscovich's book "Theoria Philosophiae Naturalis". East Houston St., New York

Daily Thoughts 01/13/2015

I rested on the train this morning.  I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also gathered the monthly statistics.  I have to work on a grant this month.  I am looking at applying for a graphic novels programming grant.

A colleague is arranging for a crochet class in the coming months.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  Next month is black history month in February.  I am also thinking ahead towards April for National Poetry Month.

We have been getting some new databases as part of the Westchester Library System, Lynda.com for training and Novelist for readers advisory are two of them.

I spent some time talking to Westhab about career counseling.

There are two computer classes tonight, a Fundamentals of Computer Operations class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., and a Beginning Microsoft Word cass from 6:45 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.

I am hoping I can go to a Melville House literary talk featuring Lynne Truss who wrote Eats, Shoots, and Leaves on February 13, 2015.
http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=9bf6688d862fa3f207663b22d&id=5e33207ee2

On the way home, I read some more of Tesla A Portrait With Masks.  The imagery is fantastic.  The idea of Tesla standing on a stage wearing corked shoes while volts of electricity flow through him is beautiful.  I like the rivalries and the excesses of Manhattan being described.  The language is poetic, full of powerful dreams and visions.  This is a stupendous book.  Better than science fiction in its excesses and better than fantasy in its with its conflict between the old world and the new.

No comments: