Friday, September 4, 2015

Daily Thoughts 09/04/2015

Thomas Sergeant Perry  - Lilla Cabot Perry
Thomas Sergeant Perry by Lilla Cabot Perry, 1889

Daily Thoughts 09/04/2015

I checked the library Facebook and Twitter this morning.

Last night, I read some more of Three Moments of an Explosion.  There are some interesting short horror stories.  They have strong psychological component to them.

I checked the displays and the gift books today.  I spent some more time working on the Latino Americans 500  Years of History Grant.

I also spent some time working on Bookletters.  I updated a variety of lists including DVDs, audiobooks, new nonfiction, new fiction, new African American fiction, Recommended Poetry, Graphic Novels, and Historical Fiction.  This is part of the process of working an update for the website.

September 27 through October 3 is Banned Books Week.
http://www.ala.org/bbooks/bannedbooksweek/ideasandresources/promo


Web Bits


The robots are coming for your job! Why digital literacy is so important for the jobs of the future.

No Cold Shoulder In Kentucky, Self Publishing and Libraries

No comments: