Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Daily Thoughts 09/22/2015

Reading - Pablo Picasso
Reading, Pablo Picasso, 1921

Daily Thoughts 09/22/2015

I read a little bit more of Misbehaving The Making of Behavioral Economics on the way to work.  I am reading about the concept of sunk costs and loss aversion which explains why people are so afraid of losing money.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

We had an early staff meeting this morning.  I got up early and got to work early.  It was about hiring people, e-rate for broadband access, and other issues.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  I also spent some time preparing orders for next week.  I read the latest New York Times Book Review and a copy of the Times Literary Supplement.

I spent some time preparing for the first event of the Latino Americans 500 Years of History.  Dr. Sherri Baver is discussing Episode 4 -- The New Latinos in the community room at the Mount Vernon Public Library from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

My colleague is helping with the Crochet Class from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

The Fundamentals of Computers class and the Beginning Microsoft Word class are tonight.

The book, The Unincorporated Future by Dani Kollin and Eytan Kollin came in for me to read.  I also am planning on watching The Dance of Reality which is Alexander Jodorowsky's new film.


Web Bits


Banned Book Week Gets a Digital Makeover

A Cross Country Mission to Track Down Carnegie Libraries


 

No comments: