Monday, September 21, 2015

Daily Thoughts 09/21/2015

Claude Monet Reading - Pierre-Auguste Renoir
Claude Monet Reading, Pierre Auguste Renoir, 1872
 
Daily Thoughts 09/21/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also placed an order for new books.

On the train to work, I read some more of Misbehaving The Making of Behavioral Economics by Richard H. Thaler.  It was interesting that there was a comment that the poorer you are, the more likely you are to act like the traditional view of economics where you have to make either or decisions.   I also liked a description where the author posits that the obective of a company may not be to make money, but instead to grow to the maximum size possible.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  I also put out some new flyers for the different programs for the Latina Americans 500 Years of History grant.

I spent some time working on a brochure for Latin American films and Latino films.   A colleague suggested some changes for the cover of the brochure.  I also spent some time posting information to Facebook, our email list and other places about the different events.

I had to talk with two people who reported to me about the results of civil service tests for clerical workers at the Mount Vernon Public Library.   Many people did not pass the test who worked here.

There is an early morning meeting for staff tomorrow.  Also, there is a voter registration event going on tomorrow.  I have to make sure it happens.

Web Bits


How Charlotte Mecklenberg Library Convinced 13,000 People To Come Back

Do E-books Earn More Money at Lower Prices

 

No comments: