Saturday, October 15, 2016

Daily Thoughts 10/15/2016

File:Nishimura Shigenaga - Komachi Washing the Poem-Papers - Google Art Project.jpg
Nishimura Shigenaga (Japan, 1697? - Japan, 1756) Komachi Washing the Poem-Papers


Daily Thoughts 10/15/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I requested an Advanced Reading Copy for Neil Gaiman's book Norse Mythology.

I read a copy of Computers In Libraries.


I updated a list of DVDs for Bookletters.  I also updated a list of CD Audiobooks as well for Bookletters.

I also started an order for Holiday books.

I spent some time looking through the catalog of shows available for free to libraries from Lincoln Center.  There are a few shows which look interesting.

I did a little more work with the Holiday books in the mezzanine.  We display the holiday books, DVDs, and movies in November.

I also ordered 200 boxes from Better World Books.

I spent some time organizing my desk.

Web Bits


Web Bits
Follow The (Grant) Money

House of Lords Attacks the Government Over Library Closures-- UK

When Librarians Are Silenced -- Francine Prose

Artificial Intelligence

This AI Librarian Organizes Your Bookmarks With Machine Learning
This is interesting because of the use of the terminology AI Librarian.  I don't think of it as particularly accurate, but it is interesting.


No comments: