Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Good Afternoon

Good Afternoon

Today has been a long day again. I found a book which looks rather interesting Green Collar Economy, How One Solution Can Fix Our Two Biggest Problems, by Van Jones.

We spent a long time discussing the Bridges Out of Poverty again in a meeting. Right now, I am preparing a telephone list of agencies to contact that are related to poverty. We are planning on doing a meeting with some of the local agencies to discuss library services to the disadvantaged.

I also spent some time this afternoon going through the BOCES Adult School catalog looking for ideas on materials to order. Things like carpentry, house inspections, construction bidding, and other similar material. We also ran out of civil service ARCO Police Exam books so I had to reorder some things.

This evening on the train home, I was reading Toll The Hounds by Steven Erikson. There really is only one reason I've figured out that I am reading this series. I really like the way he writes about one of the characters Karsa Orlong. The character improves on Conan, Kull, and many of the classic barbarian characters.

Right now, I am thinking of skipping the rest of the book and just going to the chapters with the character, Karsa Orlong. I find the character utterly fascinating. The rest of the book, I could almost do without. It would be great if he had some stories with just Karsa Orlong. He even has his own Wikipedia entry.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karsa_Orlong

No comments: